Thursday, September 25, 2014

We're Still Here!

We're still here, I promise! :) Over the past few months, we've been going about a million miles an hour.  I started student teaching at the end of July and it's going great but oh. my. gosh. busy is an understatement.  Teaching is a hard, busy, time-consuming, tiring, overwhelming, crazy yet wonderful, fun and rewarding career all in one.  Plus I have college classes on top of that.  And I'm a wife on top of that.  Some days I don't think I will be able to stay sane until May and other days are awesome and I feel great.  But I regardless of what kind of day it is, I love teaching and I love the kiddos I get to work with everyday.  I can't wait to have my own classroom and keep improving and becoming the best teacher I can for my students.  

Devin is still working hard at the property management company that he's been at for several months now.  He likes his job but gets pretty sick of driving 100- 200 miles a day, everyday.  He sees some pretty nasty stuff at some of the houses that he inspects and we have decided that we will probably never rent out a home.  But he has taken me to see a couple really gorgeous vacant homes and it's been fun to dream about and plan our future home.  

My mom was in town a few weeks ago and it was so great to spend the weekend with her!  It was a really relaxing, laid back weekend.  We didn't make any plans for the weekend so we just did whatever came up.  She took some photos for Dev and I while she was here and I love how they turned out.  I have been wanting some new pictures for a while since the last time we had pictures taken was at our wedding.  I call them family pictures and Dev thinks it's dumb to call them that when its only the two of us. But since our family will not be growing anytime soon, I call them family pictures now. :) 




Two years later, same pose.  And my hubby just keeps getting more handsome :)

We went to visit the temple after our photo shoot.  I love the temple :)

I love my Mama!  Wish I got to see her more often than twice a year :(


We still love our movies and we still go to way too many :)  We actually never saw this movie but naturally, I had to take a photo!

Dev loves 3D movies.  I can usually only tell that it's 3D in about two scenes.  



We got a new member of the family a few months back!  He is adorable and his name is Pace.  He has grown a little bit since this picture but he is still tiny and so cute.  He is a Golden Greek Tortoise and will be about 8 inches when he's full grown.  Right now he is about 2 inches and he just turned 4 months old on Monday :)



One of my best girl friends got married last weekend.  Her bachelorette party was so fun and her wedding was beautiful!  I love this girl :)





We went up to Snowflake for the 4th of July and had a blast like always.  The best part of our trips to Snowflake is always getting out of the city!!  Since both of us grew up in super small towns, the city drives us crazy!  We love going up there and being able to slow down for a few days.  It's the worst having to drive back down the mountain and into the city at the end of our trips :(  Can't wait to live in a smaller town again someday!

I am going to try to be better at updating our blog so stay tuned!  
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment