Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Schoooooool's. Out. For. Summer!

I am officially DONE with taking classes on ASU's campus!  Woohoo!


I have (for the most part) enjoyed my education at ASU so far.  I finished up my last semester of classes on campus two weeks ago and it feels great!  I am not completely done with school yet but I am getting closer and I don't have to go to the campus anymore which will be wonderful.  
I begin student teaching in July for the Higley School District.
I'm going to be teaching 3rd grade and I'm really excited about that!  I was hoping for either 2nd or 3rd because those are the two grades that I'm most interested in teaching. 
I will teach Monday through Thursday and on Fridays, I take my own courses but I will be taking them at one of the high schools in my district.  All the student teachers in Higley district will meet together and have our classes from an ASU professor at the high school which, if you ask me, is kind of weird and a lot different from how most schools do student teaching.  Most schools only do one semester of student teaching so all five days of the week are spent teaching.  But with ASU's education program, student teaching is a year long so we have a few classes that we still have to complete while we are student teaching. 
I am excited to have a year long student teaching experience because that's basically a year of experience that I'll have over non-ASU students when it comes to applying for jobs.  But at the same time I am really nervous because I am not going to be able to work except I will be working as a full-time teacher, what?! so our finances are going to be even tighter than they already are. Joy. 
But, it'll all be worth it eventually and I am really excited to FINALLY be to this point in my education.  It has been a long time coming!



No comments:

Post a Comment